Monday, March 21, 2011

Dreams?

A/N: This is something that I wrote earlier this year and just never really made a decision whether topost it or not so I guess that now is as good as ever. Please leave feedback and let me know what you think. Also located on the page called A Song of Friends.


Dreams are supposed to help process your thoughts
The thoughts of the days events

but what if dreams are telling you
nonsense,
just confusing you more,
or overly eccentric?

What if
The answers dreams give are the opposite
Of what you want to happen?

2 comments:

  1. Maggie, I really like this poem. I like your use of vocabulary and the simple, yet effective rhythm. The play on how dreams are not always what they seem is also intriguing. It is a short poem, but sometimes longer is not always better(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was really interesting. I liked how you put it together, it was really good. I also liked how it just got to the point right away, but still had something else there with it.

    ReplyDelete